Sunday 26 July 2015

Steamed Cauliflower Rice - Reboot / Paleo

The craze that turned Cauliflower into "rice" had me puzzled for a while. I ended up making my first batch like my mother made cauliflower curry! There was not much distinction between the cauli rice and the curry on my plate. I then found an easier way to prepare it.

I buy a head of cauliflower and grate it to make the "rice".

I then put it in a microwave glass bowl with a lid, sprinkle some salt and pepper over it, and add a few cumin seeds and fennel seeds.  I cover the bowl and microwave for 4 minutes and then I sprinkle some chopped coriander over it and stir it in. Very simple and very easy.

Preparation

Ingredients

  • 1/2 a head grated cauliflower - alternatively you can purchase the ready made Cauli Rice from Woolworths and use half a bag.
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped fresh coriander 


Method
Place cauli rice into a microwavable dish with a lid and add the salt, pepper and seeds. Microwave for 4 minutes on high and then sprinkle with coriander. Fluff with a fork and it's ready to serve.




Enjoy! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment